If you believe a thread should be deleted you should use the Report button (!) under each post (look for the ! at the bottom right of each post).
If you believe a thread was deleted unfairly and want it restored reply to this thread and do the following:
1) Check that the thread is definitely not deleted by using the search
2) Post the title of the thread (or as close as you remember), or a link from google cache
3) Provide a reason why you think it should be restored
What will get deleted
- Posts that are too critical of someone's personal life, especially if about other job market candidates. If criticizing others in the profession make it meaningful discussion about their work that is not falsified.
- Threads with swear words in the title
- Posts that are obviously attempting to derail or lower the quality of a serious economics discussion
- Content that is too sexually explicit, especially if not marked NSFW
- Blatant racism, homophobia and sexism. Race and gender issues can be discussed, but threads that aim to bait or provoke will be deleted.
- Duplication or no added value to a recently active post
- Threads with all capital letters in the title
- Copyright infringement
- Link spam advertising your service
- Complaints about moderation, these should be kept to this thread or emailed to me
- Spamming the board. If you are spamming over multiple threads to get your point across it is likely that all of your threads will be deleted. If possible we will try and funnel the discussion into one thread but there is no guarantee.
- Low quality off topic content, especially if very little content or added value in the original post
- Low quality politics content, especially if already active and related threads open
- Aggressive attacks on registered users
- Excessive meme pushing
- Clear evidence of using sock puppetry to distort the discussion
- Over the top/excessive libtard vs reptile attacks
- Over the top/excessive religious discussions
- Basic questions that could have been Googled
- Threads started in the wrong subforum, particularly if it should have been in off topic
- Obvious / boring trolling. At least make it interesting/amusing if you want to survive
- Poor jokes & time wasting threads
- Profanity used in thread title
What won't get deleted
- Posts that you don't agree with but a considerable number of people are ok with. This board allows for open minded discussion, you can't expect to get your way because you are more sensitive than the majority.
What is the spirit of moderation?
Light touch, you won't notice it unless you are looking to cause trouble.
Want to get in touch?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you've emailed by posting below. All emails will be kept confidential, but if you are requesting a deletion of a post about yourself then you must email from an identifiable email address.
Please note that there may be some delay before a malicious thread or post is deleted. We will do our best to delete them as soon as possible.