I got a PhD offer from a European university yesterday in the early admission round and have to decide until early march. Unfortunately, all the other schools I applied to send results after that. Me being risk averse I don't like to gamble and to reject this offer. However, I would also like to have some alternatives to decide about.
Is it okay to retract on an accepted PhD spot, especially before the end of the regular application period at that school?