My goal has always been to get into a top 10 school for finance phd but sadly it looks like i won't receive any top 10 admission this time. As of now, I only have these two offers at hand: SFI Lausanne PhD Finance and a top 10 RA position in the US in behavioural econ area. I already hold a masters degree and a few years business/coding experience. I'm wondering if it is optimal to accept the RA position since it is a 2 year position (waiting for 2yrs to apply for phd is not fun given that I'm 29 already).
What would you suggest? My interest lies in asset pricing and international finance.
I promise to GTFO as soon as I hear your thoughts.